Monday, October 4, 2010

World Card Making Day

Happy Monday! We hope you were able to join us last Saturday (10/2) on facebook for World Card Making Day! I followed Christina Thomas' blog: Creations With Christina for a few of her challenges! It was a lot of fun! Designer Teri Berrios helped Christina with the challenges for the day and created 3 lovely cards for the challenge as well as for our viewing pleasure today! Take a look:

Halloween Cupcake by Teri Berrios

For this challenge, Teri created a card using the colors: green, orange and purple. She chose to make a Halloween card using some Echo Park Happy Halloween papers and Bo Bunny Halloween Rubons. Too cute!

Fall Card by Teri Berrios

For this challenge, Teri had to create a card using a fall stamp or die cut. Teri included a Basic Grey Pyrus Take Note Journaling Card and Woolies on this one! This card is amazing! I love the colors, the design... everything!

Cricut Pumpkin by Teri Berrios

This challenge was to use a Cricut Pumpkin anywhere on the card. Teri made the entire card the pumpkin -- I love it! Teri used Basic Grey Pyrus paper for her pumpkin - such a wonderful choice of paper! It turned out super-cute!

My take on the challenges. I picked 3 of Christina's challenges to play along with on Saturday and here is what I did:

Autumn by GenCraft

I chose the first challenge because it was a sketch! I usually stay pretty true to a sketch, but I always try to venture out a little bit and make it "my own." It didn't work this time, but the card came out super-cute! I used the Imaginisce Apple Cider 6x6 Card Pad and chipboard pieces for this card.

Hello by GenCraft

This was the orange, green and purple challenge. Of course I wanted to make Halloween goodies, but it was a challenge! So I challenged myself to make something different - and here it is! The papers are Bo Bunny Double Dot: Kiwi and Violet. The large glittery flower is an old Petaloo flower from my stash.

Christmas Tags by GenCraft

I chose this challenge to help me get into the Christmas Spirit! It's been hard to think about Christmas because it's been so hot lately and because it's not even Halloween yet! LOL! I used Bo Bunny Double Dot papers and Hero Arts Stamps for these tags!

Speaking of Bo Bunny... be watching for all 3 of their new collections: Crazy Love, Crush and Midnight Frost in our Coming Soon category shortly! Quantities will be limited so make sure to sign up for a Product Notification!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along....we really had a great time!!!! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job...sorry I am so late on this!
    Awesome work though...REALLY great stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete