Thursday, July 1, 2010

July, already?

Where has the time gone? This year is literally flying by for me! Of course, once you get to be a certain age they say that, don't they?

It's the beginning of a new month and our trivia contest is ready to go! Make sure you check it out! Our newsletter announcing our new sales and July promo will be going out soon! Be watching your in boxes!

Now for some 4th of July inspiration! Grandma has been playing with the new Bo Bunny Block Party and has made all kinds of fun home-decor projects!

Before I show you her projects, I wanted to give you a quick update on her. I'm not sure if you remember, but my mom was told by her doctor that she needed to lose about 60lbs. Last time I posted, she had lost about 33lbs and her official weight-loss is now a whopping 47lbs! Holy Moley! Way to go, mom! She only has another 13 lbs to go! Her goal is to fit back into single-digit clothes, and she is only 1 size away from where she wants to be!

How'd she do it? Nothing magical... eat right and exercise! For those of you that don't know - I'm a total gym rat. I work out 5-6 days a week and I'm a complete health nut! Just ask my kids! lol Anyway, my mom has been going with me to the gym 3 times a week for the last month and boy what a difference it has made! Alright, enough of that! On to her projects!

Independence Wreath by Grandma

This is a foam wreath that my mom painted red. She folded the Block Party papers into pinwheels and "adhered" them to the wreath with the big brads in the center of each one! Here's a close-up:


Isn't this too cool? It was super-easy and quick to make!

Independence Star by Grandma

Gosh, I just love this star that my mom created! She used 5 different Block Party papers and cut them out with her Sizzix Big Shot and 5-sided star die. Then she put the ribbon and flower in the center where each of the sides meet! Check out the detail on the center:


Isn't that awesome? I don't even know where she got that, but it's such a nice touch! Way to go mom!

Independence Banner by Grandma

This is what my mom made with the scraps left over from her other two projects! I love it!

Remember to be watching those in boxes this evening! Your going to love our July promotion!

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment