Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The 5th Day of Christmas

On the fifth day of Christmas my craft store showed to me... beautiful embossed Christmas cards and tags! Guest designer Christina Thomas is back today to show us a few Christmas cards she created using the new Sizzix Textured Impressions designed by Basic Grey! I also made some Christmas Tags using these great embossing folders. Take a look:

Embossed Christmas Cards by Christina Thomas


Christina used the Sizzix Textured Impressions Snow Flowers folder to create this gorgeous card. She also embellished it with a Petaloo Velvet Poinsettia.


Christina used the Sizzix Textured Impressions Evergreen folder for this amazing card! Be sure to check out her video to see how she created it!


Christina used both Sizzix Textured Impressions Powdered Sugar/Snow Globe folders on this beautiful card!

Christmas Tags by GenCraft


I ran chalk over each of my embossed images to make them pop! I also added a bit of glitter to the embossing on the red ornament tag. I added a stamped to-from sentiment on the back of the square tags. These were super-easy and really fun to make! Here are some close-ups:


I used Basic Grey Jovial Pomegranate, Snowball Fight, Element Stickers; Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Combo Rings and the Sizzix Textured Impressions Thin Ice Embossing Folder.


I used Basic Grey Jovial Crushed Velvet, Snowball Fight, Element Stickers and the Sizzix Textured Impressions Plaid Embossing Folder.


I used Basic Grey Jovial Snowball Fight, Element Stickers and the Sizzix Textured Impressions Powdered Sugar Embossing Folder.


Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

  1. Those tags are so beautiful I would want to frame them after use! Virginia Nehring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! There have been some AMAZING holiday projects! I just adore all the altered pieces, the tags and cards!
    What fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete