Friday, September 17, 2010

Use Your Scraps!

Woo-hoo, it's Friday!!! Love Friday's! I want to give a big Thank You to all of our wonderful customers out there! We've had such a wonderful response to our stock up sale! We are going to need a couple of days to catch up on shipping. The good news is that we will ship on Saturday this week just to be sure we get all of your orders out as quickly as possible! So again, thank you!

Today we are using our scraps! Designer Nanne Harry and yours truly have made a couple of neat projects with some left over paper and embellishments from our other projects. Take a look:

'My Boys - Framed Photos' by Nanne Harry

Nanne used some scraps she had left over from the Bo Bunny Cambridge collection to decorate these frames. She found these white frames on sale and decided to not let these gorgeous papers go to waste! The best part is that the whole project was super-easy and super-quick! Simply beautiful! Great work, Nanne!

'Cherish Mini Album' by GenCraft (Floren)

I used scraps that I had leftover from the Basic Grey Cappella collection for this mini. I don't even know how long I've had that little wedding album stashed away! It's so little and cute - probably why I bought it in the first place. The album is only about 4" so this came together very quickly!


I used both 12x12 and 6x6 papers for this album. I also used a border sticker from the Cappella Element Stickers. I cut it apart so I could use it as the top layer on the cake - it's the flower layer on top in the above picture! I actually used this on two pages!


I also used the Cappella Pieces. These are perfect for journaling and quick titles! The 'Love Birds' sentiment on this page is from the Cappella Pieces package. I used one on each page of my mini!


I didn't have a whole lot of embellishments leftover so I relied on my paper punches! I used both border punches and flower punches from my stash along with a little bling from my stash to add some embellishment to my album! I love how this little mini turned out! I actually made this for a friend and now I don't want to give it away! LOL!!!

Well, I hope that we've inspired you to use up some of your scraps! Frames, cards, mini albums... those are just some of the ideas for using up your papers! Can you think of any more?

Stay-tuned next week for more great inspiration and a give-away!

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh!! I love that mini and wow, can't believe those are all just scraps.. fab job on that.. :O)
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great are scraps! I mean they are great to think outside the box...I really love both projects..the photo frames and mini mini (LOL)
    Wonderful ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way To Go Nanne!! The frames are awesome!
    I love using up my scraps and always keep them at my desk.
    Floren, your mini is, mini-riffic!! I wouldn't want to give it away either! lol it is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete