Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is my daughter's birthday! Holy cow, where has the time gone? Any of you mom's out there feel the same way I do when birthday's roll around? I start thinking about the day she was born and all the time in between and then I think how fast it has gone by. I get so darn sentimental I just want to cry!

Well, enough of that! Here are a couple of cards I made for her using more of the Cuttlebug Embossing Folders and the gorgeous Basic Grey Lemonade collection. I absolutely love the colors in this collection and thought they would be perfect for a summer birthday!

Sweet by GenCraft (Floren)



For this card I used the Cuttlebug Once Upon A Princess Set. After all, my daughter firmly believes she is a princess! LOL! The card is the full 5x7. I usually don't make 5x7 cards, but it worked perfectly with the flower from the Basic Grey Lemonade Element Stickers! Before I applied the sticker, I ran some chalk over the raised cupcakes to help them stand out a bit. I added in some bling to the flower sticker and that's it!

16 by GenCraft (Floren)



I used the same Cuttlebug Embossing Set for this card. I made this card 5x5 and added in some layers with different Basic Grey Lemonade papers. I ran some chalk over the embossed butterflies to bring them out. The sticker border under the '16' is from the Basic Grey Lemonade Element Stickers. I added some Stickles to the '16' and now I have another quick card!

Thanks everyone for all your wonderful comments about my cards on Friday! Now for the winner of our Cuttlebug Embossing Folder!

Congratulations
to:

Maureen Reiss

Love that xmas card, soooo beautiful!! Thanks for the giveaway!!

Send us an email within 7 days with your shipping address and we will send out your Cuttlebug Embossing Folder!

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Yes I am an emotional mess each birthday and mine are all in their 20's.
    Two adorable cards made with great colors, I am so into pink lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Thank you soooo much!!
    My "baby" just turned 3 on Sat. And I got bouts of tears throughout the day. boo hoo...lol
    Super pretty cards Floren!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Maureen!
    And happy birthday to your daughter!
    I guess this is the month for birthday's as my eldest just turned 6!
    Great card, I adore this paper line and the embossing is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your daughter and congratulations on reaching another milestone with her.

    I LOVE THE CARDS.
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete