Thursday, August 19, 2010

Home Decor Project

Happy Thursday everyone! I've been on this home decor kick lately! Remember my frame and my coasters? We've lived in our new house for about a year-and-a-half now and I'm tired of white walls and no touches of, well...me! So I've been trying to add in some color and decorations where ever I can. We are still going to have to paint eventually, but for now I figure this will do!

I made these little storage drawers with some super-colorful Imaginisce Lucy Bird papers. I'm not sure if I want to give this to one of my girls or keep it for myself! lol!!! I love the way it turned out! Take a look:

Home Decor Project by GenCraft (Floren)





The drawers are Kaisercraft Storage Drawers. I painted all the wood a bright pink color and let dry before covering with paper. I love the fact that this project was just measure and cut - no tracing or fussy-cutting on this one!!! The hardest part of this project was assembling the drawers. All of the wood and drawers come folded flat, so you have to assemble the whole thing. The drawers are chipboard and have to be glued together with a pretty strong glue.


I let the paper "do the talking" on this project and didn't add a lot of fun embellishments to it. I did add in some Webster's Pages Sparklers as decorative knobs for my drawers though! I thought it would be a nice touch!


I also decided to line the inside of the drawers just in case I wanted to make this something useful instead of purely decorative! I will probably have to apply a coat of diamond glaze to make sure the paper doesn't rip or stain.

Well, that's it! I've been working on even more home decor projects and I will share them with you when they're done!

Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this. Now I need to look into find a set (or three) of those drawers. I know my daughter would love one and having at least one in our craft area would be nice. Thank you for sharing! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why the Kaisercraft Drawers were turned off on our website, but we do have 2 in stock! Oh, and they're turned on now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME!!! I love all the bright papers. Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer! What a great porject. Bright, cheery and useful! Thanks for sharing with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE The drawers...
    I would love to have a bunch of these in my house.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. well if you don't want it...I do!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is for SURE my favorite project thus far...maybe because the papers are too delightful and who can pass that up?
    must of been a little time consuming but more then worth it...and to use this as a custom gift for someone's house! LOVE that idea!!!

    ReplyDelete